Theralase® is a clinical stage pharmaceutical company dedicated to the research and development of light activated Photo Dynamic Compounds and their associated drug formulations intended to safely and effectively destroy various cancers. The Company in its Cool Laser Division designs, manufactures and distributes patented and proprietary super-pulsed cool laser technology for the treatment of knee pain, and in off-label use, the treatment of numerous nerve, muscle and joint conditions.
Additional information is available at www.theralase.com and www.sedar.com
The successful candidate will have 5+ years of hands-on operational medical device design, development and manufacturing experience.
Preference will be given to candidates, who have successfully designed, developed and manufactured medical devices intended for therapeutic and oncological conditions.
The successful candidate will have experience:
• Leading and managing engineering, production and regulatory teams focused on designing, developing and manufacturing multiple medical devices
• In all phases of assembly, commencing with analyzing pre-clinical research, in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer – Device Division and the Chief Scientific Officer, through a device development program to evaluate the safety, tolerability and efficacy of the medical devices through prototype, development, refinement, preproduction and production phases, culminating in the successful launch and commercialization of the medical devices through either an internal sales, marketing and distribution program or acquisition of the medical device by a small, medium or large medical device manufacturing organization
• Successfully completing strategic objectives aimed at increasing the quality, revenue and profitability of multiple medical devices
• Managing high performing: engineering, production and regulatory teams in the high quality, high performance production of multiple medical devices
• In medical device development, including: sourcing raw parts, supplier management, sub contract manufacture, manufacture, final testing, quality control, quality assurance, packaging, sterility, regulatory approval, technical customer service
• Lead a multi-disciplinary team with a focus on successful commercialization of medical devices for numerous therapeutic and oncology conditions
The successful candidate’s proven experience will allow them to carefully execute a detailed medical device development strategy, coupled with their strong written, oral and presentation communication skills, knowledge of medical device development, excellent interpersonal skills, drive to succeed and natural leadership to achieve high quality and high quantity manufacture of multiple medical devices for distribution in Canada, the US, European and other international markets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Research, develop and finalize with Chief Executive Officer – Device Division a medical device development strategy for the Company’s leading medical devices
Lead engineering, production and regulatory teams with a focus on commercialization of high quality medical devices for numerous therapeutic and oncology conditions
Build substantial value for the Company, through increased revenues, quality and profitability supplying high quality medical devices to an internal sales, marketing and distribution program or supplying the knowledge for acquisition of the medical device by a small, medium or large manufacturing organization
• University education with a minimum B.E.Sc degree in electrical engineering and MBA. Preference will be given to candidate with a M.E.Sc degree in electrical engineering and MBA
• 5+ years of medical device development experience. Preference will be given to candidates, who have successfully developed medical devices intended for therapeutic and oncological conditions.
• Experience in medical device regulatory submissions to HC, FDA and CE
• Fully computer literate in Microsoft Office environment (i.e.: Office, Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point)
• Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills with an ability to produce and defend effective device development programs
• Independent and interdependent worker with a proven ability to achieve strategic objectives under minimal supervision
• Self-disciplined, self-motivated and professional in demeanor
• Team player with a proven ability to build positive relationships at all levels of an organization; especially with management and the engineering, production and regulatory teams that report to them
• Polished individual who remains calm and focused under pressure
• Deadline orientated with an ability to meet tight deadlines
• Personally committed to focus, deliver and be accountable for their performance and the performance of their team
• Organized with an ability to prioritize in a multi-tasking environment with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Enjoys working in a challenging and fast growth environment
• Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability with an ability to learn from past opportunities, analyze past performance and implement strategies to effectively improve performance
• Hard working, lead by example manager
Chief Executive Officer – Device Division
$100,000 to $150,000 base, commensurate with experience + performance bonus + employee benefits + stock options
If this sounds like you, apply now to be considered. This position is open until December 15, 2018.
Theralase® is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Theralase® is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.