Theralase® is a clinical stage pharmaceutical company dedicated to the research and development of light activated Photo Dynamic Compounds and their associated drug formulations intended to safely and effectively destroy various cancers. The Company in its Cool LaserDivision designs, manufactures and distributes patented and proprietary super-pulsed cool laser technology for the treatment of knee pain, and in off-label use, the treatment of numerous nerve, muscle and joint conditions.
Additional information is available at www.theralase.com and www.sedar.com
The successful candidate will have 5+ years of successful pharmaceutical drug development experience.
Preference will be given to candidates, who have successfully developed pharmaceutical small molecule drug / device combinations intended for oncology conditions.
The successful candidate will have hands-on experience:
• Analyzing pre-clinical research in conjunction with the Chief Scientific Officer to determine the next lead drug candidates / programs
• Compiling Investigator’s Brochure, Clinical Protocol, Informed Consent Form, in conjunction with a Clinical Research Organization, for review and analysis by Health Canada, the Food and Drug Administration, the European Medicines Agency and Research Ethics Boards of various oncology institutions
• Detailing, developing and managing clinical programs to evaluate the safety / tolerability, pharmacokinetics and efficacy of these drug candidates / programs through Phase Ib, II and III human clinical studies.
• Successfully completing these clinical studies to culminate in commercialization of the drug candidates / programs through either an internal sales and distribution program and / or acquisition of the drug candidate / program by a small, medium or large pharmaceutical organization.
• Managing multiple oncology centers in the completion of Phase Ib, II and III clinical studies
• Knowledge of oncology drug manufacture, including: synthesis, production, purification, quality control, quality assurance, formulation, packaging, sterility and distribution
• Leading their team to commercialize Photo Dynamic Therapy (PDT”) for numerous oncology targets
The successful candidate’s proven experience will allow them to carefully construct and execute on a detailed drug candidate / program development strategy, using Gantt chart analysis and cost and timing analysis to deliver results on a timely basis. Coupled with their strong written, oral and presentation communication skills, knowledge of drug development, excellent interpersonal skills, drive to succeed and natural leadership abilities they will successfully achieve drug approval for the Company quickly and effectively in Canada, the US, Europe and other international markets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Research, develop and finalize with management and the board of directors a drug development strategy roadmap for the Company’s leading drug candidates
Lead a team with a focus on commercialization of Photo Dynamic Therapy (PDT”) for numerous oncology targets
Build value for the Company, through the commercialization of the drug candidates / programs, either through an internal sales and distribution program and/or acquisition of the drug candidates / programs by a small, medium or large pharmaceutical organization
• University education with a minimum B.Sc degree in Cellular and Molecular Biology and MBA, preference will be given to candidates with a M.Sc or Ph.D in Cellular and Molecular Biology coupled with a MBA
• 5+ years of pharmaceutical drug development experience. Preference will be given to candidates, who have successfully managed and developed pharmaceutical small molecule drug / device combinations intended for oncological application.
• Experience in drug regulatory submissions to HC, FDA and EMA
• Fully computer literate in Microsoft Office environment (i.e.: Office, Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point)
• Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills with an ability to produce and defend effective drug development program strategies
• Independent and interdependent worker with a proven ability to achieve strategic objectives
• Self-disciplined, self-motivated and professional in demeanor
• Team player with a proven ability to build positive relationships at all levels of an organization; especially with management, the board of directors and the members of their team
• Polished individual who remains calm and focused under pressure
• Deadline orientated with an ability to achieve tight deadlines.
• Personally committed to focus, deliver and be accountable for the performance of themselves and their team
• Organized, with an ability to prioritize in a multi-tasking environment with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Enjoys working in a challenging and fast growth environment
• Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability with an ability to learn from past opportunities, analyze past performance and implement strategies to effectively improve performance
• Hard working, lead by example executive
Board of Directors
$150,000 to $200,000 base, commensurate with experience + performance bonus + employee benefits + stock options
If this sounds like you, apply now to be considered. This position is open until December 15, 2018.
Theralase® is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Theralase® is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.