Theralase® is a clinical stage pharmaceutical company dedicated to the research and development of light activated Photo Dynamic Compounds and their associated drug formulations intended to safely and effectively destroy various cancers. The Company in its Cool Laser Division designs, manufactures and distributes patented and proprietary super-pulsed cool laser technology for the treatment of knee pain, and in off-label use, the treatment of numerous nerve, muscle and joint conditions.
Additional information is available at www.theralase.com and www.sedar.com
The successful candidate will have 5+ years of hands-on operational medical device development, manufacturing, sales, marketing and distribution experience.
Preference will be given to candidates, who have successfully developed, marketed and distributed medical devices intended for therapeutic and oncological applications.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Leading and managing multidisciplinary teams (i.e.: sales, marketing, distribution, production, quality, regulatory, engineering, customer support and clinical training) focused on designing, developing, manufacturing, marketing and distributing medical devices internationally
Analyzing pre-clinical research, in conjunction with the Chief Scientific Officer, to design and develop medical devices through the evaluation of their safety, tolerability and efficacy in the successful treatment of therapeutic and oncological conditions
Design and development of medical devices through the prototype, development, refinement, preproduction and production phases, culminating in the successful launch and commercialization of the medical device through either an internal sales, marketing and distribution program or acquisition of the medical device by a small, medium or large medical device manufacturing organization
Managing and leading the design, development, production, quality and distribution of multiple medical devices
Knowledge and experience with medical device development, including: supplier management, sub contract manufacture, manufacture, quality control, quality assurance, regulatory approval, packaging, sterility and distribution
Managing and leading a multi-disciplinary team with a focus on successful commercialization of medical devices internationally for numerous therapeutic and oncology conditions
The successful candidate’s proven experience will allow them to carefully construct and execute on a detailed medical device development strategy, using Gantt chart analysis and cost and timing analysis to deliver results on a timely basis. Coupled with their strong written, oral and presentation communication skills, knowledge of medical device development, excellent interpersonal skills, drive to succeed and natural leadership abilities they will successfully achieve medical device regulatory approval for the Company quickly and effectively in Canada, the US, Europe and other international markets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Research, develop and finalize with management and the board of directors a medical device development strategy for the Company’s leading medical devices
Lead a multi-disciplinary team (i.e.: sales, marketing, distribution, production, quality, regulatory, engineering, customer support and clinical training) with a focus on commercialization of medical devices for numerous therapeutic and oncology conditions
Build substantial value for the Company, through both an internal sales, marketing and distribution strategy, as well as acquisition of the medical device by a small, medium or large manufacturing organization
• University education with a minimum B.E.Sc degree in electrical engineering and MBA, preference will be given to candidates with a M.E.Sc. degree in electrical engineering and MBA
• 5+ years of medical device development experience. Preference will be given to candidates, who have successfully developed medical devices intended for therapeutic and oncological application.
• Experience in medical device regulatory submissions to HC, FDA and CE
• Fully computer literate in Microsoft Office environment (i.e.: Office, Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point)
• Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills with an ability to produce and defend effective device development programs
• Independent and interdependent worker with a proven ability to achieve strategic objectives
• Self-disciplined, self-motivated and professional in demeanor
• Team player with a proven ability to build positive relationships at all levels of an organization; especially with management, the board of directors and the multidisciplinary team that reports to them
• Polished individual who remains calm and focused under pressure
• Deadline orientated with an ability to meet tight deadlines
• Personally committed to focus, deliver and be accountable for their and their team’s performance
• Organized, with an ability to prioritize in a multi-tasking environment with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Enjoys working in a challenging and fast growth environment
• Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability with an ability to learn from past opportunities, analyze past performance and implement strategies to effectively improve performance
• Hard working, lead by example executive
Board of Directors
$150,000 to $200,000 base, commensurate with experience + performance bonus + employee benefits + stock options
If this sounds like you, apply now to be considered. This position is open until December 15, 2018.
Theralase® is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Theralase® is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.